Sunday, January 19, 2014

FIELD TRIP : Russian River Brewery




Yesterday, I decided to go on a small road trip with my ChemE friend, who owns the blog Greens and Machines and his roommate to the "Russian River Brewery" in Santa Clara, California.  I didn't know it was a brewery at first.  My friend said "Let's go to the Russian River", so I thought "Okay, I should bring swim trunks and extra pair of clothes".  When asking him whether I needed such objects, he said "wtf no", so I just wore some normal bar clothes and decided to get ready to drink.  Later I found out that the "Russian River" was code for a brewery that made one of my favorite beers "Pliny the Elder".  After about an hour (more like 30-45 minutes) of road tripping thanks to "S" and plenty of old fashions tunes such as "She's a Brick House", we made it to good old-fashions Santa Clara.


 Amazingly, the line looked ridiculous, but we stayed on it knowingly because it was going to be worth it.  After about 15 minutes, we were able to get in.  I got a pint of "Row 2, Hill 66", my friend gets a half pint of "Shadow of a Doubt", and S gets "Blind Pig I.P.A".  We all drink while having slight jokes with stranger about how ridiculous people are with their Pliny the Elders.  Then I decidedly become one of those ridiculous people alone with S and get a "Growler" which is a pretty large bottle filled with Pliny the elder.


After making that hilarious mistakes such as that, we decided to check out the local bookstore to find books for my favorite author..and fail to do so (Philip K. Dick), we found out our table is ready.

We get a sample, pizza, wings, and "beer bites"...it was all delicious and I want more...I'm still hungry...mother of god everything was a blur afterwards...I'm still hungry..NOW FOR MORE FOOD




No comments:

Post a Comment