Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Art in my life

My dreams of a writer mainly occurred when I was a child, in middle school.  I used to dream of weird stuff all the time, imagining epic battles between fierce gods, creating scenes of drama between two detectives finding a missing link in a case, defining belief systems of a civilization many years in the future that depict different hierarchies.   My childhood was kind of strange like that, awkwardly lonely yet filled with potential and incredible landscapes.  I would never tell anyone about these images until only recently because I feared the extreme judgement of the people around me.  I would just use my hands like action figures, designing the movements of each fight scene, each star battle, each magical power, each stroke of the conductor.  Everything was imagined....so as a child/naive slightly sex-driven slightly moronic high-school student, I decided to tell myself something . A kind of truce was begun between me, myself, and I.  I told myself to write one book, make one movie, and draw/make one comic book.  I had listed ideas done on my computer to papers in an old notebook.  I look back in utter fear and hilarity, but I decided to turn the tables because I found a movie I made my freshmen year of high school for a class.   Today, I will show you "The Virus", a student film for a class called "Science Film" hoping it was more sci-fi, but more Bill Nye...Here it is...voila...



No comments:

Post a Comment